The gaming company is scheduled to announce earnings after the markets close on Aug. 5.
A persistent rise above $11.76 would suggest an end to the sideways pattern that has marked trading since the beginning of June. The stock has been in bull phase on the parabolic sar for 11 trading days, on the macd for 10 days, and on Person's Proprietary Signal (pps) for 12 days.
Today's upward thrust, so far covering 3.4% intraday, moved the price well above the July upper pivot on the Person's chart. However, volume has not yet shown a spike today, and in fact the peak volumes back to late june have been a series of lower highs.
|pps||pps open||upper pivot||lower pivot|
|ATVI $11.71||$10.54 jul7||$11.30||$9.56|
The price at today's high stands 11.6% above the bull phase open.
- $12.58, +7.4%
- $11.76, +0.4%
- $11.71 <== You are here.
- $11.08, -5.4%
OK. The credit bubble burst. Housing, burst. Shockwaves reverberated. Markets collapsed. What lies ahead as we reemerge from the wreckage.
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment. No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decision decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.Abbreviations:
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.
Post a Comment