There are 8 days before the July options expire, 43 the August and 71 the September.
On the jump, market stats, econ reports, trading calendar and a good book...
Blue chip stocks (SPY) closed the latest regular session up 1.0% from the prior close. During the day SPY traversed 1.3% low to high in a net move up of 0.2%.
Friday's extremes: Open $107.00, high $107.28, low $105.91, close $107.16.
SPY traded entirely within the DeMark pivots. The next DeMark pivots are $106.54-$107.91.
In total, 3.2 billion shares were traded on the three major U.S. stock exchanges, 8.6% fewer than on the prior trading day.
SPY at a glance:
Wholesale trade numbers are out at 10 a.m. Eastern. It is not a market moving report, generally. It is, however, this Friday the only game in town.
By my rules, at this point in the cycle I can trade August calendar and vertical spreads, September single calls or puts, and shares.
OK. The credit bubble burst. Housing, burst. Shockwaves reverberated. Markets collapsed. What lies ahead as we remerge from the wreckage.
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.