There are 19 days before the August options expire, 47 the September and 75 the October.
On the jump, market stats, econ reports, trading calendar and a good book...
Blue chip stocks (SPY) closed the latest regular session down 0.02% from the prior close. During the day SPY traversed 1.7% low to high in a net move up of 1.0%.
The day's extremes: Open $109.17, high $110.86, low $108.98, close $110.27.
SPY traded within the DeMark pivots. The next DeMark pivots are $108.65-$111.06.
In total, 3.3 billion shares were traded on the three major U.S. stock exchanges, 6% fewer than on the prior trading day.
The ISM manufacturing index and construction spending are both out at 10 a.m. Eastern. The big report for the week is employment on Friday, although personal outlays and pending home sales on Tuesday are also potential market movers.
By my rules, at this point in the cycle I can trade September calendar and vertical spreads. Also, October straddles and single calls or puts. Shares, of course, are good anytime.
Enjoy the weekend!
OK. The credit bubble burst. Housing, burst. Shockwaves reverberated. Markets collapsed. What lies ahead as we remerge from the wreckage.
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.