There are 33 days before the August options expire, 61 the September and 89 the October.
On the jump, market stats, econ reports, trading calendar and a good book...
Blue chip stocks (SPY) closed the latest regular session down 2.7% from the prior close. During the day SPY traversed 2.5% high to low in a net move down of 2.2%.
Friday's extremes: Open $109.09, high $109.21, low $106.45, close $106.66.
SPY closed below the DeMark pivots. The next DeMark pivots are $105.18-$107.94.
In total, 3.7 billion shares were traded on the three major U.S. stock exchanges, 18% more than on the prior trading day.
The housing market index report at 10 a.m. Eastern kicks of a week dominated by housing reports. The index is a complex beast that encapsulates a wide variety of measures.
Housing starts on Tuesday and existing home sales on Thursday are the high points of the week.
By my rules, at this point in the cycle I can trade August calendar, vertical, diagonal and butterfly spreads, iron condors and covered calls. Also, September straddles and single calls or puts. Shares, of course, are good anytime.
Enjoy the weekend!
OK. The credit bubble burst. Housing, burst. Shockwaves reverberated. Markets collapsed. What lies ahead as we remerge from the wreckage.
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.
Post a Comment