Today's trading is in the middle of yesterday's range on volume running perhaps a third (so far) of what it was the day before.
AAPL has traded trading mainly in a sideways range between $260 and $240, with some breakouts. The 14-day volatility is 3.3%, not super-low, but also not exceptional. The average directional index is quite low, below 17.
On the Person's chart, AAPL is trading right at the midline pivot, with lots of room to the upside and the downside.
|pps||pps open||upper pivot||lower pivot|
|AAPL $259.43||$257.68 jul22||$294.39||$236.15|
To be considered on the move, AAPL will need to break above the $279.01 all-time high set on June 21. Above that level, it's a blue-sky stock, with no price resistance in sight. The sidewise range provides plenty of downside support.
- $279.01, +7.6%
- $265.15, +2.2%
- $259.43 <== You are here.
- $239.60, -7.6%
OK. The credit bubble burst. Housing, burst. Shockwaves reverberated. Markets collapsed. What lies ahead as we reemerge from the wreckage.
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment. No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decision decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.Abbreviations:
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.