- Treasury long-term bonds: The 14-day trend turns down.
- Corporate high-yield bonds: The macd and fast stochastic resume their uptrends.
- Crude oil: The fast stochastic leaps into the overbought zone and is pointing sharply higher, as the trend describes a gentle slope upward.
- Gold: Person's Proprietary Signal (pps) moves to bull phase, and the fast stochastic moves into the neutral zone on a sharp rise.
- EUR/USD: The fast stochastic rises back into the overbought zone after one day in neutrality.
Stocks and Rates
Below, oil and gold, and global indicators.
Oil and Gold
OK. The credit bubble burst. Housing, burst. Shockwaves reverberated. Markets collapsed. What lies ahead as we reemerge from the wreckage.
Indicator Exchange-Traded Fund Symbols:
EEM - emerging markets
EUR/USD - euro/dollar currency pair
GLD - gold
JNK - high-yield corporate bonds
QQQQ - Nasdaq 100 index
SPY - S&P 500 index
TLT - Treasury long-term bonds
USD/JPY - dollar/yen currency pair
USO - crude oil
VIX - fear index
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.