- S&P 500, Nasdaq 100 stocks (SPY, QQQQ) open below the 20-day simple moving average for the first time since July 7.
- Gold (GLD) moves to bull phase on the fast stochastic.
- Euro turns bearish against the dollar (EUR/USD) as fast stochastic drops into neutrality.
- Dollar in bull phase on the fast stochastic in trading against the yen (USD/JPY).
Stocks and Rates
Below, oil and gold, and global indicators.
Oil and Gold
OK. The credit bubble burst. Housing, burst. Shockwaves reverberated. Markets collapsed. What lies ahead as we reemerge from the wreckage.
Indicator Exchange-Traded Fund Symbols:
EEM - emerging markets
EUR/USD - euro/dollar currency pair
GLD - gold
JNK - high-yield corporate bonds
QQQQ - Nasdaq 100 index
SPY - S&P 500 index
TLT - Treasury long-term bonds
USD/JPY - dollar/yen currency pair
USO - crude oil
VIX - fear index
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal.
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.
Note: Today's analysis is dedicated to my granddaughter Anju "Ange" Sasaki, born July 20, 2010 in Fukuoka, Japan. May all her trades be profitable!