- S&P 500, Nasdaq 100: fast stochastic trend turns sideways.
- S&P 500 volatility: macd trend turns up.
- Treasury long bonds: fast stochastic trend turns up.
- Corporate high-yield debt: macd, fast stochastic trends turn down.
- Crude oil: fast stochastic turns down.
- Gold: fast stochastic turns down, but with a shallow slope.
- Euro/dollar: fast stochastic turns down.
- Dollar/yen: fast stochastic turns down.
- Emerging markets: price trend turns sideways, macd and fast stochastic trends turn down
Oil and Gold
OK. The credit bubble burst. Housing, burst. Shockwaves reverberated. Markets collapsed. What lies ahead as we reemerge from the wreckage.
Indicator Exchange-Traded Fund Symbols: EEM - emerging markets EUR/USD - euro/dollar currency pair GLD - gold JNK - high-yield corporate bonds QQQQ - Nasdaq 100 index SPY - S&P 500 index TLT - Treasury long-term bonds USD/JPY - dollar/yen currency pair USO - crude oil VIX - fear index Abbreviations:
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.