I've opened a bull put spread (p31/-p32) in AET at 31.70 for 0.47 credit. The position is profitable on expiration in January from about 31.55 upward.
New signals among the high-volume stocks and etfs, with the signal, mfi confirmation status, and the trend:
- QQQQ, bull, confirmed, sideways
- ORCL, bull, confirmed, sideways
- BMY, bull, confirmed, sideways
- SBUX, bull, confirmed, sideways
- UNH, bull, confirmed, sideways
- QCOM, bull, confirmed, sideways
- XLK, bull, confirmed, sideways
- CVS, bull, unconfirmed, sideways
- BAX, bull confirmed, sideways (at resistance following strong gain)
- MT, bull, confirmed, sideways
The rest are mainly whipsawing in confused puppy mode -- a series of bull and bear signals every few days.
Indicators: The VIX bear signal (bullish for stocks) noted in this morning's Morningline has disappeared. Other indicators remain as described.
UNG had a sharp rise today and the December covered call (-c9) will be exercised at this level. The trade remains profitable.
HPQ, a January bull put spread (p40/-p50) remains in bull mode iwth a price rise today.
KO is trading above the upper end of profitability at expiry of the January iron condor (p50/-p52.5/-c57.5/c60).
X, showing a bull signal from yesterday, contrary to my Janurary bear call spread (-c40/c41), is pulling back a bit at the upper end of yesterday's trading range.
Currencies (paper trade):
USD/JPY remains in bear mode and is trading within yesterday's trading range. I continue to hold my short position.