And we're off, on the last trading day before Christmas. The markets close three hours early today (1 p.m. Eastern, 10 a.m. Pacific).
No pps signals on the indicators, currencies or holdings.
- Blue chips (SPY) opens at 112.19, entered bear mode at close on Dec. 8 (at 109.61)
- Fear index (VIX) 19.54, bull, Dec. 17 (22.51); a VIX bull signal is bearish for the markets
- Treasury long bonds (TLT) 90.33, bull, Dec. 17 (93.19)
- Gold (GLD) 107.90 on a 1.3% gap up, bear, Dec. 17 (108.00)
- Oil (USO) 37.86, bull, Dec. 16, (36.74)
- Dollars per euro (EUR/USD) 1.4337, bear, Dec. 4 (1.49)
- Yen per dollar (USD/JPY) 91.61, bear, Dec. 9 (87.86); sort of a faux bear, eh?
Holdings, January expiry
- KO, iron condor (p50/-p52.5/-c57.5/c60) 57.48, bull, Dec. 1 (58.08); right at the upper limit of a profitable expiry
- LVS, covered call (-c16) 15.73, bull, Dec. 14 (16.31); a faux bull, but my basis is 14.90
- SBUX, bull put spread (p22.5/-p24) 23.76 and falling within the yesterday's trading range, bull, Dec. 18 (23.68)
- SMH, bull put spread (p27.5/-p29) 27.74, bull, Dec. 21 (27.62); trading right at three-day resistance