SPY (S&P 500) is trading near the ceiling of a sideways channel in effect since within a sideways channel from about $123.54 to $112.25.
QQQ (Nasdaq 100) continues to bounce along an uptrending channel that began Aug. 9.
VIX (fear index) remains within a sideways channel that began Aug. 9.
TLT (Treasury long-term debt) has paused just above its 20-day low. The 10-day moving average has mergd with the 40-day.
JNK (corporate high-yield debt) has resumed its rise after breaking below the uptrending price channel that began Oct. 14, moving above its 20-day high into bull phase. The 10-day moving average has mergd with the 40-day.
USO (crude oil) is stalled above the downtrending channel that has been in force since May 2.
GLD (gold) continues its third week in a relatively narrow sideways trend.
JJC (copper) is trading within a sideways range as it retraces a decline from Aug. 2 to Oct. 5.
UUP (U.S. dollar) is trading at the Fibonacci 50% retracement of the rise from Aug. 29 to Oct. 4. The 10-day moving average has moved below the 40-day ma.
EEM (emerging markets) is stalled after a breakout above a declining price channel that began Aug. 1.
Indicator Exchange-Traded Fund Symbols:
EEM - emerging markets
GLD - gold, a counter-directional proxy for inflation fears.
JNK - high-yield corporate bonds
QQQQ - Nasdaq 100 index
SPY - S&P 500 index
TLT - Treasury long-term bonds
USO - crude oil
UUP - U.S. dollar index, against a basket of currencies; largely a dollar-euro proxy
VIX - fear index, implied volatility of the S&P 500
- phase: 20-day price channel phase, with green for bull trend, red for bear trend and yellow for neutral trend.
- trend: Price direction, green for higher highs and higher lows, red for lower highs and lower lows, yellow for sideways, and grey for neutral or ambiguous.
- adx: Average directional index location, indicating the strength, or the temperature, of the trend. Orange for 40 or greater, aqua (light blue) for 25 and up but below 40, magenta (light purple) for 20 and up but below 25, and brown for anything below 20. (Mnemonic: Orange for the overhead sun, blue for the surrounding sky, magenta for sunset on the horizon and brown for the earth.)
- 200/50: The moving average cross, green for the 50-day ma above the 200, red for below and yellow for closely aligned.
- 40/10: The moving average cross, green for the 10-day ma above the 40, red for below and yellow for closely aligned.
About my trading methods
Read a detailed explanation of my analysis method, including trading rules.
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the analysis and trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decision decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.
The trader’s greatest sin is inaction. Sleeper, awake! Seize the Nietzchean moment. Roll out of bed and trade.
Post a Comment