There are 12 days before the August options expire, 40 the September and 68 the October.
On the jump, market stats, econ reports, trading calendar and a good book...
Blue chip stocks (SPY) closed the latest regular session down 0.4% from the prior close. During the day SPY traversed 1.5% low to high in a net move up of 0.6%.
The day's extremes: Open $111.74, high $112.57, low $110.92, close $112.39.
SPY closed within the DeMark pivots after trading below their range. The next DeMark pivots are $111.66-$113.31.
In total, 2.7 billion shares were traded on the three major U.S. stock exchanges, 3% more than on the prior trading day.
No econ reports -- major, minor or otherwise -- are scheduled for release on Monday. The big reports for the week are international trade on Wednesday and consumer prices and retails sales, both on Friday
By my rules, at this point in the cycle I can trade September iron condors, covered calls and diagonal, butterfly, calendar and vertical spreads. Also, October straddles and single calls or puts. Shares, of course, are good anytime.
OK. The credit bubble burst. Housing, burst. Shockwaves reverberated. Markets collapsed. What lies ahead as we remerge from the wreckage.
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.
Post a Comment