This is the last trading day for August options. There are 29 days before the September options expire, 57 the October and 92 the November.
On the jump, market stats, econ reports, and the trading calendar . . .
Blue chip stocks (SPY) closed the latest regular session down 1.7% from the prior close. During the day SPY traversed 1.9% high to low in a net move down of 1.2%.
The day's extremes: Open $109.22, high $109.49, low $107.43, close $107.88.
SPY closed below the DeMark pivots. The next DeMark pivots are $106.63-$108.69.
In total, 2.9 billion shares were traded on the three major U.S. stock exchanges, 15% more than on the prior trading day.
No econ reports at all on Friday. Maybe everyone will take the day off an go to the beach!
By my rules, at this point in the cycle I can trade September iron condors, covered calls and diagonal, butterfly, calendar and vertical spreads. Also, November straddles and single calls or puts. Shares, of course, are good anytime.
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.
Post a Comment