There are 5 days before the August options expire, 33 the September and 61 the October.
On the jump, market stats, econ reports, and the trading calendar . . .
Blue chip stocks (SPY) closed the latest regular session down 0.3% from the prior close. During the day SPY traversed 0.7% low to high in a net move up of 0.02%.
The day's extremes: Open $108.29, high $108.96, low $108.18, close $108.31.
SPY traded entirely within the DeMark pivots. The next DeMark pivots are $108.25-$109.03.
In total, 2.5 billion shares were traded on the three major U.S. stock exchanges, 22% fewer than on the prior trading day.
A couple of mid-importance reports:
Treasury at 9 a.m. Eastern gives the numbers on international capital flows into and out of U.S. investments. Hint: If it's mainly out of, time to worry.
The home builders weigh in at 10 a.m. with their housing market index, how they think things are shaping up for their being able to sell the homes they build. And they should know.
The big stuff this week happens on Tuesday: Housing starts, producers prices and industrial production.
By my rules, at this point in the cycle I can trade September iron condors, covered calls and diagonal, butterfly, calendar and vertical spreads. Also, October straddles and single calls or puts. Shares, of course, are good anytime.
Enjoy the weekend!
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.