Person's Proprietary Signal (pps) turned bearish after a 2.5% decline on Fridday brought the price below the 20-day simple moving average. The macd has been in bear territory since July 27. The fast stochastic signaled bear on Friday. The parabolic sar alone remained in bull phase.
NLY, as a real estate investment trust with a 15.68% dividend yield, is sensitive to bond yields in the broader markets. With long-term treasury yields reaching levels not seen since the spring of 2009, it is no surprise that NLY is showing some shakiness.
The preceding, three-day bull phase resulted in a 0.1% decline, so it was pretty much of a wash.
On the Person's chart, NLY is trading below the midline but well above the lower pivot.
|pps||pps open||upper pivot||lower pivot|
|NLY $17.31||$17.46 aug16||$17.76 +2.6%||$17.16 -0.9%|
The signal leaves NLY well within the sideways range that has (pretty much) contained its price movements this summer. The high is $18.37, and the low is $16.84, but most of the time $18 and $17.25 have marked the bounds. NLY is trading well above the 200-day exponential moving average.
- $18.37, +6.1% (3-mo high)
- $18.00, +4.0%
- $17.62, +1.8% (20-day ma)
- $17.25, +0.4%
- $ <== You are here.
- $16.84, -2.7% (3-mo low)
- $16.72, -3.4% (200-day ma)
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment. No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decision decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.Abbreviations:
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.
Post a Comment