There are 8 days before the August options expire, 36 the September and 64 the October.
On the jump, market stats, econ reports, and the trading calendar . . .
Blue chip stocks (SPY) closed the latest regular session down 0.6% from the prior close. During the day SPY traversed 1.3% low to high in a net move up of 0.9%.
The day's extremes: Open $107.65, high $109.02, low $107.60, close $108.63.
SPY closed within the DeMark pivots after trading below them. The next DeMark pivots are $108.12-$109.54.
In total, 3.2 billion shares were traded on the three major U.S. stock exchanges, 6% fewer than on the prior trading day.
The consumer price index is out at 8:30 a.m. Eastern, an all important report that answers the question: Inflation? Deflation? None of the above? Best bet: Mainly none of the above.
At the same time, the retail sales report will tell us whether, as good patriots, we're willing to shop until we drop for the sake of renewed prosperity. Best main: Bet we aren't.
A companion report, consumer sentiment, will be released at 9:55 a.m. It's a private survey that attempts to judge the shopping public's mood. Maybe pretty grumpy, although I don't think that's survey choice.
Small fry: Business inventories at 10 a.m.
By my rules, at this point in the cycle I can trade September iron condors, covered calls and diagonal, butterfly, calendar and vertical spreads. Also, October straddles and single calls or puts. Shares, of course, are good anytime.
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.
Post a Comment