There are 9 days before the August options expire, 37 the September and 65 the October.
On the jump, market stats, econ reports, and the trading calendar . . .
Blue chip stocks (SPY) closed the latest regular session down 2.7% from the prior close. During the day SPY traversed 1.4% high to low in a net move down of 1.2%.
The day's extremes: Open $110.65, high $110.69, low $109.12, close $109.30.38.
SPY closed traded entirely below the DeMark pivots. The next DeMark pivots are $108.43-$110.00.
In total, 3.4 billion shares were traded on the three major U.S. stock exchanges, 12% more than on the prior trading day.
A couple of potential movers, but no big guns today.
Weekly jobless claims are out at 8:30 a.m. Eastern. If they are greater than expected, it will be taken in the markets as another piece of evidence that the economic recovery has lost its way.
Natural gas inventories are out at 10:30 a.m., often a mover for the natural gas exchange-traded fund UNG.
Small fry: Import and export prices at 8:30 a.m., 3-month and 6-month Treasury bill announcements at 11 a.m., and the Fed balance sheet and money supply at 4:30 p.m.
By my rules, at this point in the cycle I can trade September iron condors, covered calls and diagonal, butterfly, calendar and vertical spreads. Also, October straddles and single calls or puts. Shares, of course, are good anytime.
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.
Post a Comment