There are 3 days before the August options expire, 31 the September and 59 the October.
On the jump, market stats, econ reports, and the trading calendar . . .
Blue chip stocks (SPY) closed the latest regular session up 1.2% from the prior close. During the day SPY traversed 1.4% low to high in a net move up of 0.4%.
The day's extremes: Open $109.19, high $110.39, low $108.88, close $109.59.
SPY closed above the DeMark pivots. The next DeMark pivots are $109.24-$110.75.
In total, 2. billion shares were traded on the three major U.S. stock exchanges, 13% more than on the prior trading day.
Not much in the way of econ.
The weekly petroleum inventories report comes out at 10:30 a.m. Eastern. It can certainly move the energy sector, sometimes the broader market.
Small fry: Mortgage bankers purchase applications, a leading indicator for housing, at 7:00 a.m.
By my rules, at this point in the cycle I can trade September iron condors, covered calls and diagonal, butterfly, calendar and vertical spreads. Also, October straddles and single calls or puts. Shares, of course, are good anytime.
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.