- S&P 500, Nasdaq 100 down sharply after Realtors report a 27.2% drop in existing home sales (SPY, QQQQ).
- Home sales at a 15-year low.
- Treasury long-term bonds gap sharply upward (TLT).
- High-yield corporate debt shows bear phase on Person's Proprietary Signal (pps) (JNK).
- Gold negates fast stochastic bear signal, back in bull phase (GLD).
- Euro, trading against the dollar, shows fast stochastic bull phase (EUR/USD).
- Dollar, trading against the yen, turns bearish across the board (USD/JPY).
- Emerging markets negates bull signal on the fast stochast (EEM).
A government program giving tax breaks to homebuyers expired April 30. The 27.2% decline was nearly double economists' expectations.
SPY is trading 1.4% below Friday's close, and QQQQ is down 1.7%. TLT is up 1.4% from Friday.
Below, oil and gold, and global indicators.
Oil and Gold
Indicator Exchange-Traded Fund Symbols:
EEM - emerging markets
EUR/USD - euro/dollar currency pair
GLD - gold
JNK - high-yield corporate bonds
QQQQ - Nasdaq 100 index
SPY - S&P 500 index
TLT - Treasury long-term bonds
USD/JPY - dollar/yen currency pair
USO - crude oil
VIX - fear index
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- adx - Average Directional Index
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal.
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- trend: Determined by the 5-day moving average, green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
- adx: orange for above 30-up, blue for 20-down, purple for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
- sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.
Post a Comment