- Price channel bull phase:
- AUD/JPY, BA, EWJ, NFLX, WFT fall into neutrality.
- EBAY, JNPR turn neutral on signal divergence.
- Price channel bear phase:
- AMR falls into neutrality.
- BBY turns neutral on signal divergence.
- USO to bull phase.
- Of interest:
- GE, GOOG fall into neutrality.
- MVO rises to neutral phase.
- Diversification plays:
- India to bull phase (EPI).
- Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, China to bear phase (EWH, EWT, EWY, FXI).
- AOD to bear phase.
- FNMA rises into neutrality on signal divergence.
I’ve done a major reworking of the Watchlist.
There are now three sections.
The first section, "From the price channel list", provides coverage of stocks that appear on the price channel analysis.
The second section, "Of interest", tracks stocks that I’m watching for a variety of reasons -- either I find them interesting or they are zombies lurching through my portfolio, the remnants of former trades gone bad. The "Diversification" sub-section tracks global exchange-traded funds, greatly expanded from its previous version.
The third section, "Earnings plays", is a selection of stocks that I have been tracking in anticipation of earnings surprises. I’m phasing that practice out as a primary strategy.
Updates the "2/22 Watchlist" posted after the close on Friday.
From the price channel list
Price channel bull phase
Price channel bear phase
Price channel bull tracking
About the categories:
- Diversification plays: These don’t closely track the U.S. markets or are based on currencies other than the U.S. dollar.
- Earnings plays: I’m tracking these as a legacy as I phase out the strategy of chasing earnings surprises.
- Of interest: Stocks I’m tracking because I find them to be interesting, although not necessarily as a potential play.
- Wounded birds: Stocks I find fascinating but they each have an apparently fatal flaw.
- Zombies: These are failed leftovers from what seemed to be good ideas at the time. They stalk the Watchlist like zombies, tying up resources and frightening small children.
- pfe - Location of the polarized fractal efficiency line.
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal mode.
- trend - Trend of the polarized fractal efficiency line.
Key to the PPS/PFE tables
|pfe||+100 and above|
|+50 to below 100|
|0 to below +50|
|below 0 to above -50|
|-50 to above -100|
More on the PFE/PPS analysis
Read a detailed explanation of the analytical tools and how they’re used, including trading rules.
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the analysis and trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decision decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.