- Earnings plays:
- AAPL to bull phase on the parabolic sar, macd.
- ENTR to psar bull phase.
- LRCX to bull phase on Person's Proprietary Signal (pps).
- Other bull plays:
- EPD to bull phase on the parabolic sar, macd.
- Diversification plays:
- China to pps bull phase (FXI).
- Emerging markets back to bear phase on all principal signalers (VWO).
Below, earnings plays, other bull plays, bear plays, diversification plays and the futures file.
My holdings are marked with an asterisk (*). Signal dates are the first day of week in which the signal appeared. Slow trade holdings are listed separately, at the ending of this posting.
Key to earnings plays
(sorted by earnings date)
Other bull plays
Key to other bull plays
Key to diversification plays
Key to zombies
Potential earnings plays
Slow Trade Positions
- Bull: SPY, PAYX.
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decision decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.
The stocks and exchange-traded funds on my Watchlists are instruments that I’m watching. Listing on a Watchlist does not imply that I own the issue.
- h-a trend - Heikin-Ashi trend.
- obv - On-Balance Volume.
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal.
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- ma50 - 50-day moving average
- ma200 - 200-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- Signal Section:
- pps, psar, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear.
- Confirmation Section:
- obv: green for uptrending, red for downtrending.
- h-a trend: green for uptrending, red for downtrending.
- Environment Section:
- ma20, ma50, ma200: green for above the average, red for below the average.
About the categories:
- Earnings plays: I think these are likely to rise sharply on a real or anticipated earnings surprise.
- Other bull plays: I think these are more likely to rise than fall; excludes earnings plays.
- Bear plays: I think these are more likely to fall than rise.
- Diversification plays: These don’t closely track the U.S. markets or are based on currencies other than the U.S. dollar.
- Zombies: These are failed leftovers from what seemed to be good ideas at the time. They stalk the Watchlist like zombies, tying up resources and frightening small children.