- Earnings plays:
- AAPL to bear phase on the parabolic sar.
- ENTR in bull phase on Person's Proprietary Signal (pps) as Friday's bear phase ghosts away.
- TROW to bear phase on the macd.
- VAR to bull phase on the macd.
- Other bull plays:
- AROW to bear phase on the pps, parabolic sar
- FTR whipsaws back to pps bear phase.
- MVO ghosts back to pps bull phase.
- NLY moves to pps bull phase; four phase changes in 10 trading days.
- SO to bull phase on the pps, macd.
- AOD to pps bull phase.
- FNMA to bull phase on the pps, parabolic sar, macd.
- MCO to bear phase on the parabolic sar.
- Bull: SPY, PAYX.
- h-a trend - Heikin-Ashi trend.
- obv - On-Balance Volume.
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal.
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- ma50 - 50-day moving average
- ma200 - 200-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- Signal Section:
- pps, psar, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear.
- Confirmation Section:
- obv: green for uptrending, red for downtrending.
- h-a trend: green for uptrending, red for downtrending.
- Environment Section:
- ma20, ma50, ma200: green for above the average, red for below the average.
- Earnings plays: I think these are likely to rise sharply on a real or anticipated earnings surprise.
- Other bull plays: I think these are more likely to rise than fall; excludes earnings plays.
- Bear plays: I think these are more likely to fall than rise.
- Diversification plays: These don’t closely track the U.S. markets or are based on currencies other than the U.S. dollar.
- Zombies: These are failed leftovers from what seemed to be good ideas at the time. They stalk the Watchlist like zombies, tying up resources and frightening small children.
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment. No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decision decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences. The stocks and exchange-traded funds on my Watchlists are instruments that I’m watching. Listing on a Watchlist does not imply that I own the issue.Abbreviations: