- Two failed confirmation: PPG and BKD.
- Three had momentum contrary to their signals: X (the best prospect of the lot), INGN and CNW.
- Four had insufficiently high open interest on their options to support a trade: MPWR, ODFL, URI and CXW.
- Two had overly wide bid/ask spreads on their front-month at-the-money calls.: CSC and ALTR.
See "Tuesday's Prospects" for the early rounds of screening.
Bottom line: No trades from Friday's markets. I have found one potential prospect for a trade timed to coincide with earnings announcements, HUN, which I shall analyze later this morning.
-- Tim Bovee, Portland, Oregon, Feb. 17, 2015
My shorter-term trading rules can be read here. My longer-term trading rules can be read here. And the classic Turtle Trading rules on which my rules are based can be read here. My volatility trading rules can be read here.
Two social media feeds provide notification whenever something new is posted.
- On Twitter, Follow Tim Bovee: https://twitter.com/TimBovee
- On Facebook, Like Private Trader: https://www.facebook.com/PrivateTrader
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the analysis and trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.License
All content on Tim Bovee, Private Trader by Timothy K. Bovee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.timbovee.com.
Post a Comment