Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thursday's Finalists

Of the four price-channel breakout signals under consideration today, two have flaws that put them out of the running.

QLD is an ultra fund keyed to the NASDAQ 100 ETF trading under the symbol QQQ. If I need leverage (and when do I ever not need it?), I get it through options, not ultras.

MDU, the one bear signal in the group, has options with low open interest. I require open interest in three figures or better.

That leaves QQQ and also CSX, both bull signals. It's late in the day, but I shall take a look at them as potential trades prior to the closing bell.

The symbol from my innovators list, KMX, also confirmed its bull signal.

I've already posted an analysis of CBS as a volatility play keyed to earnings. It can be read here.

-- Tim Bovee, Portland, Oregon, Feb. 12, 2015

References

My shorter-term trading rules can be read here. My longer-term trading rules can be read here. And the classic Turtle Trading rules on which my rules are based can be read here. My volatility trading rules can be read here.



Alerts


Two social media feeds provide notification whenever something new is posted.
Disclaimer
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the analysis and trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.
License

Creative Commons License

All content on Tim Bovee, Private Trader by Timothy K. Bovee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Based on a work at www.timbovee.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment