Of 15 stocks and exchange-traded funds under consideration today,
- Three failed confirmation by moving bak within their 20-day price channels: MU, CBG and CAVM.
- Six confirmed their signals but showed significant momentum in the opposite direction: FTNT, LVNTA, SNDK, COF, MCD and CFG.
- One gave its signal as a result of news: EXPE.
- One has insufficient open interest on its options to support a position: BRO
- And three have overly wide bid/ask spreads on their front-month at-the-money calls: HES, NWL and XLI.
That leaves XRT, the fund that tracks the retail sector, as the last symbol standing, and I shall post an analysis before the closing bell today.
-- Tim Bovee, Portland, Oregon, Feb. 13, 2015
My shorter-term trading rules can be read here. My longer-term trading rules can be read here. And the classic Turtle Trading rules on which my rules are based can be read here. My volatility trading rules can be read here.
Two social media feeds provide notification whenever something new is posted.
- On Twitter, Follow Tim Bovee: https://twitter.com/TimBovee
- On Facebook, Like Private Trader: https://www.facebook.com/PrivateTrader
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the analysis and trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.License
All content on Tim Bovee, Private Trader by Timothy K. Bovee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.timbovee.com.
Post a Comment