- S&P 500, Nasdaq 100 turn to bear phase on the macd (SPY, QQQQ).
- Fear index changes to bull phase on macd, Person's Proprietary Signal (pps); third pps phase change in six trading days; straddles 20-day moving average (VIX).
- Pps bull phase on Treasury long-term bonds, crude oil ghosts away; both back in bear phase; crude straddling the 20-day moving average (TLT, USO).
- Corporate high-yield debt bumps up to more than 1% above the 20-day moving average (JNK).
- Emerging markets drop back to within 1% of the 20-day moving average (EEM).
- Fast stochastic phase switches:
- Bull: Dollar vs. yen (USD/JPY).
- Bear: S&P 500 (SPY), Nasdaq 100 (QQQQ), gold (GLD).
Stocks and Rates
Below, oil and gold, and global indicators.
Oil and Gold
Indicator Exchange-Traded Fund Symbols:
EEM - emerging markets
EUR/USD - euro/dollar currency pair
GLD - gold
JNK - high-yield corporate bonds
QQQQ - Nasdaq 100 index
SPY - S&P 500 index
TLT - Treasury long-term bonds
USD/JPY - dollar/yen currency pair
USO - crude oil
VIX - fear index
- h-a trend - Heikin-Ashi trend.
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal.
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- ma200 - 200-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- h-a trend: Determined by the Heikin-Ashi candlestick, green for up, red for down. Heikin-Ashi averages six days for high, low and close, signalling uptrend if the close is in the upper half of the range and downtrend if it is in the lower half.
- sto: green for bull, red for bear.
- sto zone: green for overbought (80+), red for oversold (20-), yellow for neutral zone
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear.
- macd trend: green for rising, yellow for sideways, red for falling. neutral.
- ma20, ma200: green for above the average by more than 1%, red for below the average by more than 1%, yellow for within 1% either side of the average.