- S&P 500 moves to bear phase on the macd, but without conviction (SPY).
- Fear index whipsaws to bear phase on Person's Proprietary Signal; Heikin-Ashi trend turns down (VIX).
- Treasury long-term bonds resume downtrend on the Heikin-Ashi candlesticks (TLT).
- Corporate high-yield debt returns to bull phase on the macd (JNK).
- Euro drops back to within 1% of the 20-day moving average in trading against the dollar; Heikin-Ashi trend turns up, but with ambiguity (EUR/USD).
- Emerging markets also back to within 1% of the 20-day ma; Heikin-Ashia trend turns up, but weakly (EEM).
- Fast stochastic phase changes:
- Bull: Dollar against the yen (USD/JPY).
- Bear: Gold (GLD).
Stocks and Rates
Below, oil and gold, and global indicators.
Oil and Gold
Indicator Exchange-Traded Fund Symbols:
EEM - emerging markets
EUR/USD - euro/dollar currency pair
GLD - gold
JNK - high-yield corporate bonds
QQQQ - Nasdaq 100 index
SPY - S&P 500 index
TLT - Treasury long-term bonds
USD/JPY - dollar/yen currency pair
USO - crude oil
VIX - fear index
- h-a trend - Heikin-Ashi trend.
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal.
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- ma200 - 200-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
- sto - Fast Stochastic
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- h-a trend: Determined by the Heikin-Ashi candlestick, green for up, red for down. Heikin-Ashi averages six days for high, low and close, signalling uptrend if the close is in the upper half of the range and downtrend if it is in the lower half.
- sto: green for bull, red for bear.
- sto zone: green for overbought (80+), red for oversold (20-), yellow for neutral zone
- psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear.
- macd trend: green for rising, yellow for sideways, red for falling. neutral.
- ma20, ma200: green for above the average by more than 1%, red for below the average by more than 1%, yellow for within 1% either side of the average.