- Treasury long-term bonds to bull phase on Person's Proprietary Signal (pps), but it ghosts away; on-balance volume shows beginnings of an uptrend (TLT).
- See a discussion of ghosting and other TLT signals, below.
- Method change: In this text at the top I'll note only major phase switches, on the pps, parabolic sar and macd.
Stocks and Rates
It's not unusual for Person's Proprietary Signal (pps) to give a signal early in the day that later (often quickly) disappears. That's what has happened this morning with a bull signal on TLT.
If the signal reappears and is in place at the end of the trading day, then I consider the signal to be tradeable, since there is on-balance volume confirmation.
TLT is clearing trying to reverse: The Heikin-Ashi candlestick chart shows three one-day reversals in a row, today being the third. It takes two consecutive candles pointing in the same direction to constitute a trend, so the TLT downtrend is not yet reversed on this indicator.
Also, the macd has been rising and is a bear 0.04 below the zero line, also suggesting that TLT is poised for a bull phase switch.
Oil and Gold
Indicator Exchange-Traded Fund Symbols:
EEM - emerging markets
EUR/USD - euro/dollar currency pair
GLD - gold
JNK - high-yield corporate bonds
QQQQ - Nasdaq 100 index
SPY - S&P 500 index
TLT - Treasury long-term bonds
USD/JPY - dollar/yen currency pair
USO - crude oil
VIX - fear index
- h-a trend - Heikin-Ashi trend.
- obv - On-Balance Volume.
- pps - Person's Proprietary Signal.
- psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
- ma20 - 20-day moving average
- ma50 - 50-day moving average
- ma200 - 200-day moving average
- macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.
- Signal Section:
- pps, psar, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear.
- Confirmation Section:
- obv: green for uptrending, red for downtrending.
- h-a trend: green for uptrending, red for downtrending.
- Environment Section:
- ma20, ma50, ma200: green for above the average, red for below the average.
Post a Comment