Thursday, January 14, 2010

1/15 Lookahead: January options expiring, inflation, production, consumer sentiment due

Friday, the Ides of January, will be such an easy day.

January options have their last day of trading, but without much of a market for them. I'll watch my final two January positions turn into a puff of profit as the market closes.

February options, which I'm working for the complex spreads, calendars, diagonals and iron condors, and also for covered calls, have 35 days left to live. Single calls and puts, which I would buy for March expiration or later, although I rarely trade singles, have 63 days.

Stock market investors who worry about inflation, which will surely include forex traders as well, will be watching the consumer price index at 8:30 a.m. EST (5:30 a.m. Pacific).

Industrial production will be released at 9:15 a.m. Eastern (6:15 a.m. Pacific), and consumer sentiment at 9:55 a.m. E (6:55 a.m. P).

Have you noticed how early west coast traders like me have to get up? The upside is, it's 1:30 in the afternoon and I'm off to take a hike in the Tualatin Mountains. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment