Thursday, July 28, 2011

August Schedule

Just as Paris shuts down tight during the month of August, as everyone flees the city for more salubrious climes, so Private Trader will be moving to an attenuated schedule for the month.

Normal posting will resume on Sept. 6, the day after Labor Day.

I've long thought that August was the stupidest month of all for active trading. Clearly, the interns are in charge on Wall Street, and they think nothing of pushing wide, counter-intuitive price swings on low volume days.

It's hard to make money in August, so I say, "Fie, inconstant month", and shall go on vacation myself.

Here's my plan:

I won't be posting Top Prospects.

I won't be post the Almanac.

I shall post Indicators.
I shall post Forex, but shall limit my scan to only the 12 most active pairs: AUD/JPY, AUD/USD, EUR/CHF, EUR/GBP, EUR/USD, GBP/CHF, GBP/JPY, GBP/USD, NZD/USD, USD/CAD, USD/CHF and USD/JPY.

The Indicators and Forex postings will be posted on an East Asian schedule shortly after London trading opens from Aug. 5 through Aug. 22, after midnight Eastern U.S. time.

I won't be posting at all on my two travel days: Aug. 4 and Aug. 23, and their may be additional missed days.

In terms of my personal market activity, I shall trade currencies, which I can easily do on an Asian time schedule. Otherwise, it's all sand and saké.

No comments:

Post a Comment