Monday, February 1, 2016

Monday's Agenda

I have before me six prospects, all coinciding with earnings announcements: APC, BAX, DOW, PFE, EMR and XOM.

This week, like last week, I shall be selective the symbols I analyze in order to provide greater time diversification across earnings season,  using such criteria as liquidity, granularity of the strike prices compared to the price of a share of stock, open interest, implied volatility, and the business sector, My goal is no more than five trades for the week.

On Tuesday I shall be looking at seven prospects, and on Wednesday, at two, which implies a couple of trades each the first two days and perhaps one on the final day. I have no trades in sight for analysis on Thursday or Friday.

Of today's prospects, two are involved in the oil business -- APC and XOM -- and one in pharmaceutical research -- PFE. I'm avoiding both sectors because of the chance that political or regulatory actions will have a large impact on the price, externalities that market expectations can paint with only the broadest of brushes. I have no plans to analyze any of the three symbols further.

That leaves two. I shall analyze EMR first and DOW second. As always, whether I actually trade or not will be a decision resulting from the full analysis.

-- Tim Bovee, Portland, Oregon, Feb. 1, 2016

References

Tradecraft: Playing the odds to build winning stock market trades from options, a description of how I trade, can be read here.

Alerts

Two social media feeds provide notification whenever something new is posted.
Disclaimer
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the analysis and trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decision decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.
License

Creative Commons License

All content on Tim Bovee, Private Trader by Timothy K. Bovee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Based on a work at www.timbovee.com.Tss s ss'ss

No comments:

Post a Comment