One other potential market mover is on the calendar: Durable goods orders on Friday at 8:30 a.m.
Leading indicators (in descending order of importance):
The interest rate spread between 10-year Treasuries and the federal funds rate, reported continually during market hours.
The M2 money supply, at 4:30 p.m. Thursday.
The S&P 500 index, reported continually during market hours.
Average weekly initial jobless claims, at 8:30 a.m. Thursday.
Other items of interest:
Wednesday: Petroleum inventories at 10:30 a.m.
I also keep an eye on the Baltic Dry Index, updated daily.
- 4-week: Announcement Monday 11 a.m., auction Tuesday 11:30 a.m., settlement Thursday
- 3-month: Auction Monday 11:30 a.m., announcement Thursday 11 a.m.
- 6-month: Auction Monday 11:30 a.m., announcement Thursday 11 a.m.
- 2-year: Announcement Thursday 11 a.m.
- 5-year: Announcement Thursday 11 a.m.
- 7-year: Announcement Thursday 11 a.m.
- 5-year: Auction Thursday 1 p.m.
This week I shall be analyzing new bull and bear signals among 503 large-cap stocks and exchange-traded funds.
By my rules for shorter-term trades of Monthly options, I'm trading May options and later for the short legs of vertical, diagonal and calendar spreads and covered calls, and for all legs of butterfly spreads and iron condors. I'm trading August options and later for single calls and puts as well as straddles. Shares and Weekly options, of course, are good at any time.
-- Tim Bovee, Portland, Oregon, April 19, 2015
My trading rules can be read here.
Two social media feeds provide notification whenever something new is posted.
All content on Tim Bovee, Private Trader by Tim Bovee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.timbovee.com.