Saturday, November 28, 2009

User's Guide

I'm catching my breath from the week. Thanks to my GLD holding, what should have been a yawner turned out to be a tricky exercise in mitigation. And I'm not sure it's over.

The gaps in the GLD price appear to have been in response to debt defaults by Dubai World. I'm always fairly unhappy to be a position that's driven by news. Rumors, I like, but once rumors because news they've become general knowledge, are instantly part of the general price calculation and of little use for my speculations.

Oh, well. Monday's another week, and events will play out. As my divorce attorney used to say (cliche alert!): "It is what it is."

Meanwhile, here is a link to the User's Guide:

http://www.timbovee.com/2009/11/users-guide.html

No comments:

Post a Comment