Friday, March 19, 2010

Unanalyzed Part One

What an interesting day! My scan of the exchange-traded funds finds them all aglow with new signals, a witches brew of change. Quadruple Witching Day indeed!

After a slow start in the indicators I'm seeing SPY, way down, TLT, way up, USO and GLD, way down.

VIX is way up. Are you feeling fearful yet?


Most of the signals that I saw amid the etfs, fascinating though they be, don't meet my criteria.

Here's the list of those I won't be analyzing, and why. (All are bear signals.)

Many I reject because of low adx numbers: EEM, GLD, XLE, EWJ, GDX, XME, OIH and IWO.

One I don't like because it's counter-trend: IWM.

And one poor etf, obviously the runt of the litter, is both countertrend with a low adx: XHB.

I'll be writing up a bear sig on KBE shortly, and also running through the corporates.

Abbreviations:
psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
adx - Average Directional Index
pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
ma20 - 20-day moving average
macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
mfi - Money Flow Index
sto - Fast Stochastic
 

No comments:

Post a Comment