Wednesday, March 31, 2010

3/31 Unanalyzed

Lots of counter-trend bear reversals in my scan today.

Also, many psar signals that didn't make the cut because, by my rules, I've now moved on to May options, which expire May 21.

That means any earnings announcement from, say, May 28 back means I'm not comfortable with the trade because of the risk of news surprises.

I'm not saying I never break that rules -- I break all rules from time to time -- but in general, that's how I make my decisions.

The list:
  • AIG, bear, earnings near (5/6)
  • BA, bear, counter-trend, earnings near (4/21)
  • CHK, bull, earnings (5/3)
  • GE, bear, earnings (4/16)
  • HD, bear, counter-trend, earningings (5/16)
  • HMA, bear, earnings (4/27)
  • HPQ, bear, earnings (5/18)
  • ISIS, bull, move on news, earninings (5/6)
  • KFT, bear, counter-trend, earnings (5/5)
  • MBI, bear, counter-trend, earnings (5/11)
  • MRK, bear, earnings (4/21), low adx (11)
  • PG, bear, earnings (4/29), low adx (17)
  • TWX, bear, counter-trend, earnings (5/5)

Abbreviations:
psar - Parabolic Stop and Reverse
adx - Average Directional Index
pps - Person's Proprietary Signal
ma20 - 20-day moving average
macd - Moving Average Convergence-Divergence
mfi - Money Flow Index
sto - Fast Stochastic

No comments:

Post a Comment