Monday, March 22, 2010

Indicator Signals

Four of my indicators are showing psar bear signals this morning, but none are credible. Those exchange-traded funds all have low adx levels, which means that they're prone to whipsaws and don't meet my trading rules.
For a psar signal to be tradable, I like to see a psar of 30 or above.

The etfs and their adx levels:


    SPY would be marginally tradable -- I've written elsewhere that I take my rules seriously, but I also treat them as tendencies rather than strict dictats. However, a SPY bear move is also counter-trend, and I wouldn't be interested unless the price pushed significantly below the $115.13 reversal level, and even more convincing, below $104.58.

    About the indicators: SPY tracks the S&P 500, TLT: 20- and 30-year U.S. Treasury bonds, JNK: High-yield corporate debt, GLD: gold, USO, oil, EEM: emerging markets, EUR/USD: how many dollars to buy a euro, USD/JPY: how many yen to buy a dollar.


    About the glance: The colors indicate the state of each signal.

    • trend: green for up, red for down, yellow for sideways
    • adx: green for above 30-up, red for 20-down, yellow for in the middle. Red is most prone to whipsaws
    • psar, pps, macd: green for bull mode, red for bear
    • sto: green for overbought, red for oversold, yellow for the neutral zone.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment