Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday's Outcomes

I analyzed five positions and opened positions on three: BIDU, FB and TSLA, analyzing and rejecting trades on TWTR and WFM because the grid wouldn't allow construction of a trade that had sufficient reward for the risk..

I had suggested in my Agenda post that TSLA's bid/ask spread was overly wide, but I obtained a narrower spread by changing the options series, and I've edited the Agenda to conform.

I declined to analyze NOV, DD and APC because of insufficient open interest on the options series I intended to trade.

My iron condor on DOW moved into unprofitable territory and I exited the puts, transforming the position into a bear call spread.

-- Tim Bovee, Portland, Oregon, July 27, 2015

References

My volatility trading rules can be read here.

Alerts

Two social media feeds provide notification whenever something new is posted.
Disclaimer
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the analysis and trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decision decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.
License

Creative Commons License

All content on Tim Bovee, Private Trader by Timothy K. Bovee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Based on a work at www.timbovee.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment