As recent experience as shown, sometimes that's easier theorized about than done in practice.
I've been chart-based entirely up to now. I'm changing that, beginning with the Tuesday, Jan. 27 analysis, to
- a score based on the Zacks Investment Research rating (2 for most bullish, 0 for neutral, -2 for least bullish),
- the sign (positive or negative) of my enthusiasm index (which is calculated from the various levels of analyst ratings),
- the sign of the percentage of analyst ratings that are the most bullish (the Strong Buy ratings),
- and two trends: On the 30-day chart and the one-day chart (1 for uptrend, -1 for downtrend).
Adding those together gives me score. Positive is bullish, negative is bearish.
This is still a work in progress, so if some elements don't ring true, then I'll make a judgement call.
In other words, In beta.
-- Tim Bovee, Portland, Oregon, Jan. 26, 2015
My shorter-term trading rules can be read here. My longer-term trading rules can be read here. And the classic Turtle Trading rules on which my rules are based can be read here. My volatility trading rules can be read here.
Two social media feeds provide notification whenever something new is posted.
- On Twitter, Follow Tim Bovee: https://twitter.com/TimBovee
- On Facebook, Like Private Trader: https://www.facebook.com/PrivateTrader
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the analysis and trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.License
All content on Tim Bovee, Private Trader by Timothy K. Bovee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at www.timbovee.com.
Post a Comment