Thursday, July 31, 2014

August Schedule

I'll be traveling in East Asia from Aug. 1 through Aug. 19. Here is how my journey will impact the Private Trader schedule.

Aug. 1 and 19 are flying days. I'll produce a prospects list tonight for Aug. 1 but plan no other posts during the day. I won't be posting anything, including a prospects list, on Aug. 19. I'll run all the skipped analysis for those days afterward.

On other days during the period, the prospects list will be posted late afternoon or evening New York time, after the market close.

Given the wide time difference between East Asia and New York, some trades may occur a day later than would on a normal schedule. This fits in nicely with my overall trading method, which has many built-in pauses for confirmation. Trades are also more likely to occur in the middle of the trading day rather than in the last half hour, as is my usual practice.

The biggest change has to do with my analytical universe, which this week was 3,995 stocks and exchange-traded funds. It takes a bit more than eight hours to import the market data for that many shares, run the analytics and produce the reports.

In order to reduce processing time, I'll be limiting my analysis during my travels to 261 large-cap stocks plus a supplemental list of 37 innovative companies that I find particularly interesting. Some of the innovative companies are also large caps, so there is some overlap between the two lists.

References

My shorter-term trading rules can be read here. My longer-term trading rules can be read here. And the classic Turtle Trading rules on which my rules are based can be read here.


Disclaimer
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the analysis and trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.
License

Creative Commons License

All content on Tim Bovee, Private Trader by Timothy K. Bovee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Based on a work at www.timbovee.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment