Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bought AOD shares

I've bought shares in AOD as an income play. AOD is an exchange-traded fund that focuses on high dividend return. It is risky and subject to price fluctuation, as you could guess from the annual rate of return: 17.18%, paid monthly.

I've been in AOD off and on for several years, got hammered fairly badly in the autumn 2008 market break. These days I trade in and out based on my reading of the signals, and I'm fairly jack-rabbity on the get-out side.


In other words, this is not for the buy-and-hold clip-the-coupons crowd. It has to be actively evaulated and traded like any stock.

AOD is in the sixth day of an upward price trend and in the 18th trading day in macd bear territory. The mac trend has been rising toward the zero line for five trading days.

My entry point was $8.38.

Topic: Alpine Total Dynamic Dividend Fund

No comments:

Post a Comment