Friday, November 20, 2009

11/20 Watchlist

With Thanksgiving next week, I won't be doing a scan today for new trades.

One of my basic requirements in selecting a trade is liquidity -- lots of shares traded -- and liquidity tends to dry up during holiday weeks. Also, I think of a stock's price as being somewhat akin to a public opinion poll. I want a representative sample of buyers and sellers setting the price through their trades. Holiday week trading is less representative than regular business weeks.

So, I won't be opening new positions today and next week. I shall post regarding my holdings and the indicators, plus the occasional word of great wisdom.

To work....

Holdings:
  • GLD remains in bear mode, although the mfi has flattened in overbought territory. The price bar for the day remains below the upper bb channel.
  • UNG showed a rise today to 9.03, above the $9 strike price of our covered call. The pps/mfi signal remain in bull mode.
Indicators (pps/mfi analysis):
  • Bear mode: SPY (blue chips), TLT (Treasury long bonds), VIX (fear index, bullish for stocks), EUR/USD (Dollars per Euro)
  • Bull mode: GLD (gold), USD/JPY (Yen per Dollar)

No comments:

Post a Comment