Friday, January 23, 2015

Analytical Crash

My Analytical Engine, a higher end Utilite Linux computer from CompuLab in Israel, crashed overnight due to a power failure, leaving my table of today's potential trades only partially complete. Since the process takes about eight hours to run, I'm left with no "Friday's Prospects" that could be complete before the end of the trading day.

To mitigate the loss, I'm running the routine on a smaller list of symbols, the large caps, and also on my list of innovators. Thus will be complete before the end of the trading day, allowing production of a shortened "Prospects" report and further analysis as needed.

I will then run the entire process, allowing me to post a full Prospects report either after the market close today or over the weekend.

I have one symbol, DHI, that publishes earnings  on Monday prior to the opening bell while also meeting most of my criteria for a trade under my Volatility Rules. It is borderline high on the bid/ask spread. I'll do an analysis if the spread shrinks; otherwise, not.

-- Tim Bovee, Portland, Oregon, Jan. 23, 2015

References

My shorter-term trading rules can be read here. My longer-term trading rules can be read here. And the classic Turtle Trading rules on which my rules are based can be read here. My volatility trading rules can be read here.



Alerts


Two social media feeds provide notification whenever something new is posted.
Disclaimer
Tim Bovee, Private Trader tracks the analysis and trades of a private trader for his own accounts. Nothing in this blog constitutes a recommendation to buy or sell stocks, options or any other financial instrument. The only purpose of this blog is to provide education and entertainment.
No trader is ever 100 percent successful in his or her trades. Trading in the stock and option markets is risky and uncertain. Each trader must make trading decisions for his or her own account, and take responsibility for the consequences.
License

Creative Commons License

All content on Tim Bovee, Private Trader by Timothy K. Bovee is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Based on a work at www.timbovee.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment